Please make sure that you read all the terms and conditions carefully.
Welcome to the “#VukaYouth” competition (the “competition”) conducted and undertaken by Vukawanele (“Promoter”). These rules are the official rules of the competition (“rules”). These rules (together with any official competition communications) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules.
By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents, and the Promoter. These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the competition website or (at Promoter’s sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
- No person who is an employee, sponsor, agent, consultant, spouse, partner, parent, child, or any family of the promotor may enter the competition.
- The competition is only open to residents of South Africa.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 26 to enter.
Entries and Winner Selection
- The competition runs from 1 June to 25 June 2021. No late entries will be accepted.
- The finalists will be announced on 28 June.
- Finalists can share the announcement post. The judges will take reactions (likes, etc.) into account when deciding on the winner.
- The winner will be announced on 30 June 2021.
- To enter the competition, participants need to use the form on the competition page.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed in transmission.
- All submitted information needs to be accurate. If your contact information is incorrect, the runner-up will become the winner instead. If the runner-up isn’t available, the prize will go to the second runner-up, and so on.
- Artwork MUST BE ORIGINAL. All submitted pieces will be checked for plagiarism. If the artwork is plagiarised, the entrant will be immediately disqualified. Additionally, the entrant will be permanently banned from any Vukawanele competitions and contests.
- All prizes are final and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Entrants, Finalists, and Winners agree to either participate or for their work to be used in publicity related to this competition.
- The winner agrees that the use of their name, picture, and information may be used.
- The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter and its agents, employees, offiers, etc. against any losses, claims, actions, damages (direct or otherwise), liability, expenses, legal costs, medical costs, or any other costs arising from or in relation to this competition.
- If a participant breaks the rules, they may be disqualified from the competition at the Promotor’s discretion.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
- Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, the Promoter must collect and use personal information. This is done under the terms of applicable privacy statements.